Yield : 4 to 6 servingsIngredients:
1/4 cup (50 ml) butter
2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1 smll onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup (50 ml) all-purpose flour
2 cups (500 ml) Milk
1 cup (250 ml) pureed canned tomatoes or tomato sauce
1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
1/2 tsp (2 ml) each dried thyme, basil and oregano
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
1 lb (500 g) tortellini (meat or cheese)
1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into chunks
2 cups grated marble or Canadian cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic and onion. cook gently 3 to 4 min until fragrant and tender.
2. Sprinkle with flour. cook 3 to 4 min longer but do not brown
3. Whisk in Milk. Bring to a boil. Add tomatoes,tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook 5 min. Taste and djust seasoning, if necessary.
4. Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 3 mon. Add broccoli and continue to cook for 5 mn longer. Drain well.
5. Combine drained tortellini mixture with sauce. Add marble or cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 3 qt (3 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 30 min oruntil hot nd lightly browned
Preparation time: 15 min
cooking time : 30 min